Extreme Weather and Wildfire Events
Transmission and Distribution Focused Supplemental R&D Effort
The goal of this research is to help members develop a resilient and sustainable portfolio of resilient options when addressing their extreme weather and wildfire risks. The effort includes:
- Lifecycle performance testing of resilient assets
- Identification and documentation of approaches that reduce fault energy and minimize downed conductors
- Material flammability assessments.
- Extreme Event Situational Awareness Tools
- Leading practice documentation as implemented by project members
These specific objectives are not all inclusive and EPRI research in other projects and programs considers many other important aspects of extreme weather, climate change, fire risk, risk mitigation and situational awareness.
Project Manager: Doug Dorr
Introduction to improving grid safety & resilience during extreme weather events and wildfires.
Supplemental Projects • Grid Safety • Resiliency • Extreme Weather • Wildfires
Ongoing research in improving grid safety & resilience during extreme weather events and wildfires.
Grid Safety • Resiliency
Test Results and Advisor Webcasts
Supplemental projects • Testing • Results